Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rancho Cielo
    replied
    Thanks Chris - I found what it was. I boost the spark plugs in a multi-pack on Amazon. when I clamped the plug against the engine cylinder to ground - there was a thin layer of protective plastic wrap on the HEX part of the plug keeping it insulated. I only had to get thru my 2nd bourbon to find it. Thanks for your response. G

Leave a comment:

• chrisb
    replied
    You have done everything I can think of without physically examining the unit.
    The gap is not extremely important for spark. As long it doesn't hit the coil it should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Rancho Cielo
    started a topic Hitachi Leaf Blower

Hitachi Leaf Blower

Guys - I must be missing something in this repair. This blower ran great. Put it away and now no spark. Replaced the ignition coil and the spark plug. I bypassed the on / off switch with a jumper wire. Set the coil clearance with a "business card" as my gauge????? Is it that critical? Everything seems tight - connections are good - and I cleaned the magnets on the flywheel. It should be a no brainer but this lock down stuff must have me whacked out lol. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Greg
Working...
X