X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitsubishi Mini Split

Originally posted 12-10-2018 2:30 PM
    By: redoverfarm

I have a Mitsubishi Mini Split system. A 3-ton heat pump and 4 indoor air handlers. The system was installed (self) and assisted by a qualified tech for some aspects. The system is in a new construction addition and has not been used for a couple years. After initiating the install the units were checked to make sure they were operational in the air conditioning mode and all worked as intended. Now that I am continuing the construction project and winter has arrived I needed heat in the areas. To my surprise they would not heat. The remotes are initiating the air handlers and louvers are operating but after a few minutes the operational display light begins flashing. It will not start up the heat process. The breaker and disconnect is allowing power to the unit and the wiring is correct. Is there a reset for the outside unit? I have called the serv tech that finished the installation and have been unable to contact him. Any suggestions? I am a DIY (advanced for a lack of terms) and did the majority of the install which was double checked by the "tech" and approved.

Originally posted 12-10-2018 4:47 PM

Do you have a diagnostic manual (that shows either trouble codes or explains blinking light sequences)?
    Is the reversing valve working so it is in heat mode and not cooling?
    Can you measure the pressures, or won't it run long enough?
    Do they have an Emergency Heat setting and does that work?

I don't know anything about these, I'm just putting some general things out there to think about.
    Mark
    Kent, WA

Comment

Originally posted 12-10-2018 6:20 PM
      By: redoverfarm

Originally posted by suemarkp
      Do you have a diagnostic manual (that shows either trouble codes or explains blinking light sequences)?
      No I have no manuel

Is the reversing valve working so it is in heat mode and not cooling?
      Have no idea but that would seem to be a possible problem.

Can you measure the pressures, or won't it run long enough?
      Have no way to measure the pressure or knowledge . It will not run at all in the heat mode.

Do they have an Emergency Heat setting and does that work?
      Yes it does have an emergency mode. But from what I understand that is just a temporary and the electric consumed is a lot greater

I don't know anything about these, I'm just putting some general things out there to think about.
      Thanks for your reply. I could try the Emergency Mode if anyone thought it may be beneficial.

Comment

Working...
      X